Who We Are
The Small Business Centre encourages and supports entrepreneurship in The City of Barrie, The City of Orillia, and all of Simcoe County, by being a one-stop source for all your small business needs. The Small Business Centre is supported by the Province of Ontario, and the City of Barrie. It is a part of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs and one of the 57 small business enterprise centres across Ontario.
Our team can help you make the right decisions during your business start-up and assist you in developing your business as it grows.
Services are free and include:
- Business feasibility and guidance
- Reliable information including one-on-one business plan consultation
- Advice on permits, licenses and regulatory requirements
- Coaching for a range of business challenges, managing cash flow and accounting, hiring and managing staff, marketing, social media, and more
- Training and networking opportunities
- Referrals to other business support services, including business incubators, government programs and shared workspaces
Meet the Business Consultants
Small Business Consultant – Dave Hyde
Dave provides business advisory services to current and aspiring entrepreneurs within Barrie on a variety of business issues related to starting and operating a business, including regulations, business planning and marketing.
Small Business Consultant – Bob Minhas
Bob offers in market business advisory services to current and aspiring entrepreneurs throughout Simcoe County that the Small Business Centre services. He will consult on a variety of topics related to starting and operating a business, and includes regulatory, operational, and marketing planning.
Small Business Centre Youth Programs Coordinator – Briar Kelly
Briar provides assistance to youth and students who are exploring the world of entrepreneurship through Summer Company and Starter Company. She encourages students and youth to start or expand their own businesses with support from the Small Business Centre while also gaining valuable skills and hands on training.