Helping Main Street Go Digital!
A free digital “how to” guide to help you grow your business.
What is the Digital Service Squad (DSS)?
The Digital Service Squad helps main street small businesses in Barrie receive free hands-on training to support and help grow their online presence. The Squad can work with you to activate free and easy to use tools, while also providing recommendations for other technologies.
Some key examples the DSS team can help with are:
- Enhancing your existing website
- Building a basic web presence
- Creating content for your website or social media
- Adding 360 degree photos of your location to google maps/My Business Listing
- Activating easy-to-use tools such as Google My Business, social media or a free trial of an e-commerce shop through Shopify.
How it Works:
- Complete the free digital onboarding.
- Receive a personalized to-do list with recommendations on how to reach your goals.
- Access a list of digital product and service providers who are offering exclusive discounts.
Before You Sign Up
Is your business eligible?
The Four Mainstreet corridors that are eligible are:
– Downtown Barrie BIA district (concentrated on Dunlop Street)
– Dunlop Street West (from BIA district to highway 400 Bayfield Street, from intersections at Dunlop Street to highway 400)
– Essa Road intensification area (from intersections at Dunlop Street & Bradford Street to highway 400)
How Do You Learn More?
Contact the Digital Service Squad by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 705-720-2445
- Connect with the staff at the Small Business Centre
Not sure if your in the eligible zone? Click on the map below and find your address!
Meet The Digital Service Squad:
Service Squad Lead & Social Media Lead
After working abroad implementing a Social Innovation & Culture Exchange pilot project, Melissa’s passion for writing was ignited. Melissa is a freelance content creator that helps organizations learn how to create and launch social media strategies for their businesses. She can help you grow your business by assisting you with brand discovery, persona building and teach you how to navigate your social media channels. She is excited to work with you to share your company’s products or services online.
Web Development Lead
Dustin has spent the better part of his life learning web design and development. Now, he’s joined the Digital Main Street program to help you and other Barrie businesses get online and grow your online presence. He can teach you how to make a basic website, or enhance your existing website. Dustin believes that local business is the key to Barrie’s future growth and wants to help as many businesses as he can to make sure that we, as a community grow and thrive together.
Ecommerce and Analytics Lead
Chris is the owner of the digital brand development company Vondivelopment. He is also currently studying for his Honours Bachelors of Business Administration (Management & Leadership). A few other things he has done is created a clothing brand and also own the Shopify app called Me-zur!