About Digital Main Street and Beyond
Digital Main Street and Beyond is a program and service that helps businesses achieve digital transformation. The program is built around an online learning platform, structured training programs, and a Digital Service Squad, a team of highly trained professionals who help businesses grow and manage their business through the adoption of digital tools and technology. When businesses join Digital Main Street and Beyond and complete the onboarding process, they receive a free Digital Assessment and recommended to-do list that identifies technologies and tools that can help their business meet their digital goals. Along with the Digital Assessment, they also have the opportunity to work with the Digital Service Squad. The Digital Service Squad can work with businesses one-on-one to activate free and easy to use tools, while also providing recommendations for other technologies.
Some key examples the DSS team can help with are:
- Enhancing your existing website
- Building a basic web presence
- Creating content for your website or social media
- Activating easy-to-use tools such as Google My Business, social media or a free trial of an e-commerce shop through Shopify.
How it Works:
- Complete the free digital onboarding.
- Receive a personalized to-do list with recommendations on how to reach your goals.
- Access a list of digital product and service providers who are offering exclusive discounts.
Before You Sign Up
Is your business eligible? Read through the Eligibility Criteria to find more details.
Depending on your location, you need to determine which service area to contact. If your business is located in these areas, please contact our office:
- Bradford West-Gwillimbury
If your business is located within Simcoe County but not in these municipalities, please contact the South Georgian Bay Small Business Enterprise Centre at 705-446-3355 or email@example.com.
How Do You Learn More?
Contact the Digital Service Squad by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 705-720-2445
- Connect with the staff at the Small Business Centre
Digital Transformation Grant
Also available to Simcoe County business owners is the Digital Transformation Grant. This grant program will provide Digital Transformation training and guidance and provide the opportunity for main street businesses to apply for a grant of up to $2,500.
Businesses eligible for the Digital Transformation Grant must be located within C1 and C2 zoned areas. To determine if your business is located within these zones, contact your municipal office to confirm zoning regulations.
- Bradford West-Gwillimbury: https://www.townofbwg.com/
- Springwater: https://www.springwater.ca/en/index.aspx
- Innisfil: https://innisfil.ca/
- Oro-Medonte: https://www.oro-medonte.ca/
- Ramara: https://www.ramara.ca/
- Severn: https://www.townshipofsevern.com/
- Midland: https://www.midland.ca/
- Tay: https://www.tay.ca/en/index.asp
Meet The Digital Service Squad:
Service Squad Lead & Social Media Lead
After working abroad implementing a Social Innovation & Culture Exchange pilot project, Melissa’s passion for writing was ignited. Melissa is a freelance content creator that helps organizations learn how to create and launch social media strategies for their businesses. She can help you grow your business by assisting you with brand discovery, persona building and teach you how to navigate your social media channels. She is excited to work with you to share your company’s products or services online.
Web Development Lead – https://hyden.ca/
Dustin has spent the better part of his life learning web design and development. Now, he’s joined the Digital Main Street program to help you and other Barrie businesses get online and grow your online presence. He can teach you how to make a basic website, or enhance your existing website. Dustin believes that local business is the key to Barrie’s future growth and wants to help as many businesses as he can to make sure that we, as a community grow and thrive together.
Ecommerce and Analytics Lead – https://vondivelopment.com/
Chris is the owner of the digital brand development company Vondivelopment. He is also currently studying for his Honours Bachelors of Business Administration (Management & Leadership). A few other things he has done is created a clothing brand and also own the Shopify app called Me-zur!