Helping Main Street Go Digital!
A free digital “how to” guide to help you grow your business.
What is the Digital Service Squad (DSS)?
The Digital Service Squad helps main street small businesses in Barrie receive free hands-on training to support and help grow their online presence. The Squad can work with you to activate free and easy to use tools, while also providing recommendations for other technologies.
Some key examples the DSS team can help with are:
- Enhancing your existing website
- Building a basic web presence
- Creating content for your website or social media
- Adding 360 degree photos of your location to google maps/My Business Listing
- Activating easy-to-use tools such as Google My Business, social media or a free trial of an e-commerce shop through Shopify.
How it Works:
- Complete the free digital onboarding.
- Receive a personalized to-do list with recommendations on how to reach your goals.
- Access a list of digital product and service providers who are offering exclusive discounts.
Before You Sign Up
Is your business eligible?
The Four Mainstreet corridors that are eligible are:
– Downtown Barrie BIA district (concentrated on Dunlop Street)
– Dunlop Street West (from BIA district to highway 400 Bayfield Street, from intersections at Dunlop Street to highway 400)
– Essa Road intensification area (from intersections at Dunlop Street & Bradford Street to highway 400)
How Do You Learn More?
Contact the Digital Service Squad by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 705-720-2445
- Connect with the staff at the Small Business Centre