- This event has passed.
Ask an Expert Series: Cybersecurity – Risks, Realities and Prevention
July 21 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
The County of Simcoe and area partners will host another Ask an Expert virtual session that aims to help entrepreneurs and business leaders learn about cybersecurity risks that threaten Canadian companies and help them get the knowledge and tools they need to ensure their organization is better protected.
Cybersecurity is a growing risk for all industries. Grant Thornton’s extensive cybersecurity work shows that the threats that organizations face and the true impact of a cyber-attack is not well understood by businesses in general. This event comprises a wealth of information on cybersecurity to address this gap, including:
- The top cybersecurity risks facing Canadian businesses
- Lessons from the front lines on how these risks can impact your organization
- How to safeguard against security breaches and steps your organization can take to prepare your people, protect your critical information and infrastructure, and improve your cybersecurity
- Common mistakes that Canadian businesses are making that leave them vulnerable to cyber-attack
- Tips on how to make immediate changes that can significantly improve the security of your organization
This session will be led by Sandy Boucher, Principal – Forensics Advisory of the Grant Thornton Cybersecurity Practice. As a frequent speaker on this topic across the county, Sandy’s extensive experience investigating cyber breaches has given him a unique perspective on what organizations should be doing to protect themselves.
Sandy will be joined by Thomas Turnbull, Assurance Services Principal in Grant Thornton’s public sector and not-for-profit practice in Southern Ontario. Over his 14 years of experience at Grant Thornton, he has led and managed clients through a variety of financial statement and compliance audits, financial statement reviews and business policy reviews. Thomas has also advised clients on cybersecurity issues and the business-related impacts of cyber risks.