Are you an entrepreneur who is starting, growing or buying a business? Through Starter Company Plus, you could be eligible to apply for this mentorship and training program. Once participants have completed this program, they may be eligible to apply for a micro-grant of up to $5,000 to put towards the business. To receive an Application Package, please contact our office at email@example.com.
Are you looking for a summer job? Have you always wanted to test the water with entrepreneurship but unsure of where to start, scared, or nervous? Summer Company might be a great fit for you! Summer Company will provide accepted students mentoring, business training and up to $3,000 in funding to start and run their business for the summer. The Small Business Centre will assist you in the development of your business plan and throughout your business operations during the whole summer.
Summer Company will open for applications in January 2024. To stay up to date on the program, follow our social channels. To learn more about the program guidelines and access the application, visit HERE.
Becoming an entrepreneur is a very rewarding path but it come with a lot of hard work and dedication. The Small Business Centre has tools and resources to assist you making the right decision for yourself. We can provide you with information on the following:
Visit or contact the Small Business Centre to learn more about self-employment and entrepreneurship!
Build a Business
You have explored being an entrepreneur and have decided to start your business. Now what do you do? What are your next steps? The Small Business Centre can help you in developing your business idea by assisting you with the following free services:
• Business plan development
• Business feasibility and guidance
• Reliable information including one-on-one business plan consultation
• Coaching for a range of business challenges, managing cash flow and accounting, hiring and managing staff, marketing, social media, and more
• Training and networking opportunities
• Advice and assistance on insurance, regulations, licensing and permits
• HST Number & Business Taxes
• Finding market research
• Marketing strategies
• Financial forecasting and cash flow
• Referrals to professionals and business organizations
• Referrals to other business support services, including business incubators, government programs and shared workspaces
Grow Your Business
Has your business been operating for a while and you are experiencing growth issues such as declining sales or plateaued sales? Have you grown fast and are unsure of how to manage the growth? Do you need help finding funding to grow your business? Meeting with one of our Small Business Consultants can assist you in the following free services:
• Identifying the issues
• Developing a plan for the next steps
• Management plan
• Marketing and sales plan
• Revision of business plan and model
• Business model development
• Locate sources of funding for growth
• Hiring strategy