Who We Are
Our team can help you make the right decisions during your business start-up and assist you in developing your business as it grows.
Services are free and include:
- Business feasibility and guidance
- Reliable information including one-on-one business plan consultation
- Advice on permits, licenses and regulatory requirements
- Coaching for a range of business challenges, managing cash flow and accounting, hiring and managing staff, marketing, social media, and more
- Training and networking opportunities
- Referrals to other business support services, including business incubators, government programs and shared workspaces
Meet the Business Consultants
Dave Hyde joined the Small Business Centre in 2016 and is responsible for executing the Centre’s strategic plan and for delivering on its targets, including programming and partnership development. Dave is also available to provide advisory services to current and aspiring business owners as needed as he brings to the team a strong entrepreneurial and business background. Dave graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree (with Honours) in Business and offers over 25 years business experience, formerly with a leading direct marketing company based in London (UK) and more recently running his own gift and events company with services across Canada.
Sarah provides assistance to new entrepreneurs and students who are exploring the world of entrepreneurship through Summer Company and Starter Company Plus. She encourages students and people of all ages to start or expand their own businesses with support from the Small Business Centre while also gaining valuable skills and hands on training.
Small Business Consultant – Nicole Hankin
Nicole provides business advisory services to current and aspiring entrepreneurs within Barrie and Simcoe County on a variety of business issues related to starting and operating a business, including regulations, business planning and marketing.