What We Do
Becoming an entrepreneur is a very rewarding path but it come with a lot of hard work and dedication. The Small Business Centre has tools and resources to assist you making the right decision for yourself. We can provide you with information on the following:
Visit or contact the Small Business Centre to learn more about self-employment and entrepreneurship.
Build a Business
You have explored being an entrepreneur and have decided to start your business. Now what do you do? What are your next steps? The Small Business Centre can help you in developing your business idea by assisting you with:
- Business Plan Development
- Advice and assistance on insurance, regulations, licensing
- HST & Taxes
- Market Research
- Financial and cash flow development
- Referrals to professionals and business organization
Grow Your Business
Has your business been operating for a while and you are experiencing growth issues such as declining sales or plateaued sales? Have you grown fast and are unsure of how to manage the growth? Do you need help finding funding to grow your business? Meeting with one of our Small Business Consultants can assist you in:
- Identifying the issues
- Developing a plan for the next steps
- Management Plan
- Marketing and sales plan
- Revision of business plan and model
- Business model development
- Locate sources of funding for growth
- Hiring strategy
The Small Business Centre runs youth entrepreneurship programming as well as providing assistance to youth in finding the right program.
Are you looking for a summer job? Have you always wanted to test the water with entrepreneurship but unsure of where to start, scared, or nervous? Summer Company might be a great fit for you! Summer Company will provide accepted students mentoring, business training and up to $3,000 in funding to start and run their business for the summer. The Small Business Centre will assist you in the development of your business plan and throughout your business operations during the whole summer.
Need some ideas and inspiration? Check out the Summer Company Yearbook!
More information contact us at 705-720-2445 or email@example.com
Finished School? Exploring different career opportunities?
Starter Company provides youth between the ages of 18 – 29 with the opportunity to receive mentoring, training, and funding up to $5,000 to start or grow a business.
To be eligible for Starter Company you need to be…
- A youth 18 – 29 years of age as of program intake date
- Proposing a new company, expansion of an existing company or buying an existing one
- Not a full time students and not returning to school full time
- A resident of Ontario
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Prepared to complete the business training components of the Starter Company Program as prescribed by your Small Business Enterprise Centre Program Provider
- Prepared to commit to a minimum average of 35 hours a week running the business
- Able to demonstrate 25% matching funds in cash or in-kind assets
- Prepared to attend monthly meetings for at least six months after acceptance into the program
- Able to demonstrate that you have not received a Starter Company grant in the past AND
- Not currently enrolled in the Self Employment Benefits (SEB) Program
Do you fit the eligibility criteria and would like to receive more information on the program? Contact the Youth Program Coordinator at 705-720-2445 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Futurpreneur Canada supports young entrepreneurs with up to $45,000 in financing, an expert business mentor for up to two years, and resources to help you plan, manage and grow your business. The Small Business Centre will provide you with the information you need to succeed. Learn about management, marketing, technology and finance. Whether you are a brand new start-up or an existing business ready to take the next step, contact us to get started.
Make your Pitch is an entrepreneurship contest that is exclusively for high school students! Students will pitch their business idea in a 2 minute video, submit it to makeyourpitch.ca, and have friends, family, and peers vote! Six winners will be awarded reserved entry into the Summer Company program and will receive an award suite yet to be announced. Deadline to submit your video is March 29th, 2017!